Teach For Bulgaria (Заедно в час) is looking for a Development and Fundraising Specialist who will support the financial sustainability of the organization by building strong partnerships with existing and new supporters and securing new funding opportunities from a diverse mix of sources. The new team member must be driven by our shared mission: to work towards a future, in which every child in Bulgaria will have access to quality education and be able to reach their full potential.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is able to maintain and develop strong relationships with partners and supporters
- Is able to navigate multiple priorities, often in a fast-paced environment with both creativity and solid organizational skills
- Has strong strategic and analytical thinking and socio-emotional competencies necessary for working effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills, both in Bulgarian and English
- With a minimum 4 years of full-time work experience
- Preferably has previous experience in fundraising, sales, account management and/or partnership building.
Please review the detailed job description below.
To apply, please submit your professional CV and a cover letter in English to Neli Kocheva, Head of Development (email: email@example.com) by December 8, 2022.
In the cover letter, please be specific about:
- why you would want to work at Teach For Bulgaria;
- what attracts you to this position;
- what expertise you would be bringing to the organization.
Please note that we review candidates on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged!
Required skills for the role
- Improves constantly by proactively working on own growth and by seeking and integrating feedback from peers.
- Delivers effective feedback to colleagues and helps them grow.
- Builds positive professional relationships with a range of audiences and in a range of circumstances.
- Effectively communicates messages and ideas to others.
Goal Setting and Effective Execution
- Develops effective and aligned plans for reaching SMART goals related to Development team annual fundraising goals and long-term projections.
- Monitor progress and adjust course as needed. Executes in an effective and efficient manner.
- Goal oriented, with a balanced view of short-term and long-term priorities.
- Has a developed attention to detail and regularly reflects on outputs, outcomes and lessons to integrate in future tasks.
- Action-oriented and believes there is always something he/she can do.
- Not afraid to experiment with new approaches and put the work necessary to achieve results.
- Analyzes data on relevant work streams to derive conclusions on how to improve.
- Grounds decisions in identified trends and problem-solves.
What we offer
- Competitive salary for the sector, with 20 paid vacation days per year. An additional paid vacation day for every year in the organization. Use of a work laptop, cell phone and access to work vehicles for work-related needs.
- Social benefits, including supplementary health insurance and food vouchers.
- Access to individualized professional development (PD) opportunities and network of PD specialists and resources, including through Teach For All and Bulgarian-based experts.
- Options for hybrid work – remotely or from our inviting workspace shared with driven and supportive colleagues.
- Opportunities to engage with representatives of some of the leading companies in Bulgaria and abroad. Travel is a rewarding part of the role, as he/she supports expanding our base of supporters in Bulgarian communities in the UK and the US.
- The rewarding aspect of contributing towards the mission of the organization, being a part of the Teach For Bulgaria community and working alongside professionals with expertise in the education field.