Teach for Bulgaria is currently recruiting on behalf of a partner organisation – a newly established private school in Sofia.
We are looking for a motivated candidate who is eager to learn and grow as an English language teacher in Sofia.
The position is in a school that will open in September 2021 for students in pre-school and first grade.
The school’s leadership team is looking to establish a new education model that includes tolerance, curiosity, rationality, scientific methods, solidarity, values and principles. The school offers a contemporary environment which differs from traditional education. Kids are encouraged to seek and find answers, to learn new skills and knowledge, to explore and develop their own interests and talents, to grow respecting and caring for people and the environment.
The school facilities comply with all modern requirements for energy efficiency: these include spacious and well-equipped rooms, two libraries, a modern kitchen, swimming pools, sports halls, outdoor pitches, a running track, an amphitheater, as well as indoor and outdoor playing fields.
Main responsibilities include:
- Planning and conducting learning classes with another teacher;
- Encouraging and tracking student progress and development as a group as well as individually;
- Taking care of the students during their classes and extracurricular activities at school.
We are looking for the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in English studies or a relevant qualification for teaching English;
- Previous teaching experience will be considered an advantage, however is not necessary;
- Proficiency in English or a native speaker;
- Excellent communication skills and constructive thinking;
- Proactiveness and creativity in the organisation of the whole student learning process.
What we offer:
- You can be part of a young team and work in a dynamic environment;
- A great working atmosphere in modern facilities;
- Attractive remuneration;
- Teaching in small groups (up to 18 students per group)
If you are interested in the position, please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get in touch after we have received your application.